- Coupe glass
- Cocktail shaker with Hawthorne strainer
- Fine mesh strainer
- Jigger (or liquid measuring tool)
- Cutting board
- Large square ice cube mold
- Muddler (or wooden spoon)
- Small saucepan
- Citrus/vegetable peeler
- 0.75 ounces Bacardí Añejo Cuatro Rum
- 0.75 ounces Bacardí Reserva Ocho Rum
- 0.75 ounces Amontillado Sherry
- 1 ounce Pho Syrup (recipe below)
- 6 leaves fresh basil (plus 1 sprig to garnish)
- 0.5 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 ounces egg whites
- 1 lemon peel (garnish)
PHO SYRUP (PREPARE IN ADVANCE OF CLASS)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 pods cardamom, bruised
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 star anise
- In a small saucepan, dry toast the spices for 1-2 minutes until they release their aroma.
- Add the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of hours. Once cooled, fine strain using a cheesecloth over a fine mesh strainer and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for approx. 2-3 weeks.