- Collins glass (or other tall glass)
- Cocktail shaker with Hawthorne strainer
- Jigger (or liquid measuring tool)
- Cutting board
- Muddler (or wooden spoon)
- Manual citrus juicer
- Medium (16 oz.) Container with lid or blender (if using blender technique for syrup)
- Juice extractor (if making your own ginger juice)
- 1.5 ounces El Tesoro Blanco Tequila
- 0.75 ounces ginger syrup (recipe below)
- 3 slices red bell pepper (slices should be slightly smaller than a quarter inch thick)
- 8 leaves fresh cilantro
- 2 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters (or any orange bitters)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 wheel lime, thinly sliced
- Grapefruit flavored sparkling mineral water, chilled
GINGER SYRUP (PREPARE IN ADVANCE OF CLASS)
- 4 ounces ginger root juice (can be found at whole foods, fresh market or your local juice café) or 1- hand of ginger root (will need juice extractor)
- 4 ounces granulated extra fine sugar
- Small pinch of salt
- In a blender (or container with a lid), combine the ginger juice and salt.
- Start adding the sugar while blend speed is on low until the sugar dissolves completely (if using the container technique, you must add the sugar and shake vigorously until it dissolves).
- After the process is complete, label and date accordingly. The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator immediately.